Friday, April 13, 2012

Scrapping weekend

There is a scrapping weekend over at Shimelle's place not a frantic must get done in a given time, but a nice relaxed one and we have till not weekend to upload to her site.
The first challenge set by Jaime Warren and is a scraplift challenge of this lovely page

here is my page
Love You

I used several different papers from different sources so that would do for the second challenge as well, but I will do another page for that challenge
the bkgd pp is Laundry Line by My Minds Eye (also the chipboard bracket)
Semi circle pp is Pink Paislee's Autumn blossom Amber Road collection
the photo mat pp is Campo by 7 Gypsies
butterflies are from a sheet by BoBunny Gabrielle collection
Title alpha is Cosmo Cricket.
few gems and a few flowers to finish it off

I also want to share the layout I was fiddling with last night, this morning it came together quite quickly so walking away from it yesterday and reviewing it afresh today did the trick
If at first you don't succeed

I'll be back later with my picture for today (and yes I have taken one)

8 comments:

Debbie P said...

I love both of your layouts! Great colors and products. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Great take on the first challenge! Love the colours in the second LO too.
Mandy

Kate said...

Really liking your challenge LO. Love the papers. x

nerllybird said...

I love how you've used circles at the top and bottom, a great twist on the original!

Melissa said...

Great layouts - I really like your take on Shimelle's first challenge; the color scheme & papers you chose work great!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous colors you chose there. The little butterflies are so cute!

PaulaPeachy said...

What a great idea for Challenge 01, using circles instead of squares. It looks so beautiful.

Susanne said...

The use of the circles on that first one is inspired. Love it. And the look of the second one as well. Walking away and coming back is one of the best design trick ever, I think.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye