Wednesday, April 25, 2012

As Seen - PJ day and scrapping day

I had a PJ day today, after yesterday which, though I really enjoyed it, was a long day and I ached when I went to bed so I needed a day not doing very much.
I have scrapped though, after fiddling with lots of bits and pieces like making my own 'washi' tape out of coloured tissue paper. I stamped it and cut it into strips then sprayed repositional glue on the back. I found I was able to roll this around an old cotton reel and it would still peel away to enable me to tear bits off.
I also made some little flag paper clips. Having seen them on 2Peas site for a ridiculous price for just 6, it is only a little bit of patterned paper shaped and wrapped round an ordinary office paperclip.
I used both these on the layout I eventually made.

 This page by Lisa Truesdell was my inspiration

this is what I came up with
Captured on Webcam

 I promised some photos from yesterday so here they are
DSCF7631 DSCF7667 DSCF7680
and of course I had to have some baby birds and here is the smallest, a baby moorhen probably only just born
DSCF7690
and a family of goslings
DSCF7637

Today I am grateful for a day of relaxation
and that my cold seems to have not developed at all

3 comments:

Jimjams said...

Sounds like a PJ day was *just* what you needed Mary. Love the photos - how amazing are those fish?!!!

Jimjams said...

OOPS! Forgot to say that I'm very impressed with your washi tape (are you psychic????) and the paperclip embellies are great fun!

Tracie said...

Loving those paperclip embellies! and your photos are stunnng! xx

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye