Friday, April 06, 2012

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - April

I got very confused with the kit we are to counterfeit this month and rather a lot of pink in it
I don't really have any papers like these so I have gone for a much more subtle colour scheme

I've split it into three smaller kits too adding a few embellishments which I will probably add to as the month progresses


2 patterned papers from My Minds Eye Lost & Found
1 paper My Minds Eye Sopie
Cream & Brown card stock



2 My Minds Eye Lost & Found patterned papers
1 Crate Paper Lilian collection Gathering
Blue & Cream card stock

3 patterned papers from First Edition Paper
shaped paper is K & co Mira Citrus Botanical
cream & pale olive card stock

I have done the first layout with the kit and this is also for the monthly challenge on UKScrappers using this sketch
Three Sisters

This morning I saw that I have a lovely little Narcissus among the few flowers I have in my garden and as the sun was shining brightly I took a photo of it and this is my picture for today.


I was very disappointed that I couldn't take part in the walk of witness this year. It would have been too far for me to walk a good half hour to get there then all the way back. If the service had been just at one church I might have gone to that but it wasn't it started at the assembly point and was continued at two other churches. Still I am glad I spent all day at church yesterday and took part in the Read through the Bible.

today I am grateful for the Sunshine

11 comments:

Shirley said...

The kits you have put together look great Mary.
Love the LO you have done already, looking forward to seeing what you do over the next month with the rest.

li-bee-ti said...

Love your vintage kit very much! and I love how you spilt your supplies into 3 kits. cloever idea.
And way to go for your 1st layout! love the vintage look and the embellies you've used.
Looking forward to see your lovely creations with this month's kit.

Jimjams said...

Your kit looks great Mary

Tricia said...

Such a beautiful kit. A vintage feel that really appeals to me. Great layout!

MiliPea Designs said...

what a lovely vintage take on the inspiration kit! And your first layout looks wonderful.

Crystal said...

All three kits are so subtle and pretty! Good job, cant wait to see what you make!

Tara O said...

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS kit!! Love your take on the kit and love your LO too!

Susanne said...

I like your take on the kit, and that layout is wonderfully vintage. Great snapshot to scrap.

Lisa said...

your kit and first layout are both super. The interpretation of the sketch is great. Lovely!

Jenny said...

What a great kit and I simply love your layout. I have a picture in mind that might work with that sketch. Thanks for sharing.

Ryann said...

This kit is so classy and elegant. You did an wonderful job on the sketch! Lovely!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye