Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Best

Sunday is a day that I like to dress nicely, I like to honour the Lord by being at my best. I choose carefully from my extensive overflowing wardrobe.
Today I've chosen to wear a slate blue grey skirt that has a red belt and buckle and I have topped this with a red jumper and blue cardigan. I feel good. I feel special. I feel loved.



Walking back from church, thinking about the morning I was deep in thought and looking down, suddenly this feather caught my eye. It was dressed in dewdrops but although it looked spectacular it wasn't where it should be. Is there a lesson there for me?



The feather is my page for LSN because we are told so often to look up and see what is around you see the beauty of nature but occasionally it is good to look down too.



today I am thankful and very very grateful that the Lord is gentle with us leading us the way we should go. He doesn't condemn but he does convict. Help me Lord to remember to come to you often

I want to end this diary entry with a poem by Susan Lenzkes
It's all right, question, pain and stabbing anger
Can be poured out to the Infinite One
And He will not be damaged.
Our wounded ragings will be lost in Him
And we will be found
For we beat on His chest
From within the circle of His arms.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Do you use the word "tifty" where you are? You look very tifty - and that's a compliment. Very well turned out!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a beautiful post today. You look so fit and trim in your photograph, and both the feather photo and layout are just stunning.
Rinda

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye