Monday, September 10, 2012

10 on the 10th

Hi Blog friends I have at last got round to doing my 10 on the 10th a challenge set my Shimelle which started some time ago. I haven't done this for a while but here goes I will try to list 10 things I've learnt from watching tutorials on UTube


  1. From Glitter Girl I have learnt to balance my page with a triangle design
  2. To make sure that if I put an embellishment in one place to at least copy the colour in other places
  3. How to use Distress inks to better advantage (still learning more in that line)
  4. How to make my own glimmer mist using the perfect pearls which I have had for some considerable time.
  5. Making a cluster of embellishments off the page and only adding it when nearly complete (again from Glitter Girl)
  6. To use sewing on my pages more and to better use
  7. Using alcohol ink on more than just bits of metal
  8. how to make my own washi tape
  9. how to make stick pin flags
  10. how to make better use paper clips
The first picture is a good example of triangular placements. and also 3 spots of orange
No. 5 this little cluster was put together then added to the page and the washi tape place afterwards
No 6 I did zigzag stitching on the machine then went over it with orange embroidery thread using the existing holes
Just had a little play with the alcohol inks made my own felt pad and used a spare piece of photo paper
for the washi tape I stamped on gold tissue paper cut it into strips and sprayed repositional glue on the back
the stick pins are made with quilting pins and a little bit of paper tape, I've have done some using ribbons in the same way
the paperclips I made from an example on The Counterfeit Kit challenge blog

5 comments:

Susan said...

Love your ideas, and thanks for reminding me about making my own washi tape.....I pinned that one for future reference.

Jimjams said...

A great-ful Ten Mary - there's loads to learn out there isn't there?!

Love the stripy paper-clips with ribbon bows and bling!

Susanne said...

Well, it looks like you have an arsenal of scrap tips to call upon there. Great list!

Jane said...

so much inspiration out there, must look at that washi tape!

Sian said...

This has really got me thinking Mary. I never really used youtube as a craft resource. I think I need to remedy that! Great list

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye