Monday, September 03, 2012

Monday Monday

I have had a brilliant day today. I woke early because I had decided enough was enough and my kitchen just had to be done properly. I paced myself doing small amounts then sitting with a cuppa and a little play on the computer. I've turned this



into this



and this



Normally my surfaces are so cluttered I loose heart and just tidy where I need to work

I've also made some pastry and used the left over lamb from yesterday to make a lamb & chutney plait, also a sausage & mushroom flan and some jam tart. (I haven't made pastry for months and months)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today we are thinking about our feet, how much we take them for grated until we have something go wrong. When I first did this challenge I had spur heel and know what it's like to not be able to walk without pain. Today I have been free of the pain for several years and hoping that it never comes back.
I thought to start with I might as well take a photo of my feet and realised that I very seldom go barefooted. Mainly because it was instilled in my as a child that it wasn't a wise thing to do indoors as Mum being a dressmaker was always dropping the odd pin and Dad being a builder and decorator had been know to loose a nail or screw and bare feet are very prone to finding these items.
I hadn't thought of the reason at all but the question about feet made me do so, therefore my page today has my summer slippers

3rd

It has been a glorious day weather wise too and I went out into the lane to see if there were any autumn colours about, but no everything is still very green. But I did get some good photos of two of my cats and this one is my 'As Seen' for today

Mittens in the bushes chasing birds



Thank you Lord for an uplifting day.

5 comments:

Dani said...

I love that you gave thought to your feet - so many of us don't think about our feet until something is wrong that is very true! Your pastry looks absolutely delicious!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - good for you! I'm starting on the 20 days tomorrow (because we had a bank holiday/long weekend, and I was working on the garage).
Your post is simply inspiring!
Rinda

Unknown said...

Great page Mary! Kitchen looks great and the baking looks awesome!!!

Jimjams said...

WOW Mary - very well done - an amazing transformation! Well done on keeping up with LSNED so well too ... mine is all still in my head ;o)

Sian said...

I'm glad it was a good day :)

We weren't allowed to go bare foot for the same reason. There were usually pins on the floor!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye