Saturday, September 08, 2012

A Day to Play - LSNED

I originally made the title of this post A Day to Scrap but that made it sound as if I hadn't enjoyed it at all which is far from the truth.
I started this morning by doing yesterday's LSNED layout and I went with my new breakfast discovery.

7th

Then I found today's prompt and I've been having fun with distress inks and perfect pearl. I have had the perfect pearl for ages and never used it till today.

I've enjoyed watching the videos with techniques on how to use them, not sure how much I have remembered but it has been a fun day of learning, even if my attempts leave much to be desired.

After a break and a bit of fresh air (I had to go up to the church to get the multimedia ready for tomorrow), I did the monthly challenge from UKScrappers using my Counterfeit kit for this month. The criteria Work Rest and/or Play. I had these photos of Rudi that I was longing to make a page with so Rest it is

Dream dream dream

and on the tag is some of the distress play for today
By the way the first use of some of those threads I put in my kit was to make Bakers Twine to wrap round the tag (so sorry no sewing yet) ;D

DSCF9825

My last page for today is my LSN playing with distress inks

8th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On my way home from my errand I caught up with a lady I often see walking her dog and we stopped to chat. Suddenly she said with a giggle I've come out in odd shoes and so she had. Bless her she let me take a photo of them and this, of course, just has to be my 'As seen' for today



I've just realised I forgot to put my picture for yesterday. It is from a quilting magazine, the idea being to quilt different things between two pieces of material and I feel I want to try that sometime.



Today I am grateful for learning new techniques
for the sunshine
for my day of play

6 comments:

humel said...

I saw those threads in your kit, great use of them :) And lol at the odd shoes! (I wish I could say I've never done that...)

Emily D. said...

What lovely layouts you have created! Isn't it fun to learn new techniques with products you have been hoarding?! I love it when that happens! You did a great job!

Sassy Breese said...

What a handsome cat. And a very nice tag, also.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your tags are all very impressive!
Rinda

Susanne said...

Lovely pages and that tag too. Glad you had some much time to play!

Margie said...

Gorgeous work!! and that first page makes me hungry ;-)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye