Wednesday, September 19, 2012

COFFEE

What does the word coffee convey to you. I love coffee, I love the mugs I use for my coffee too. I think the word COFFEE with its double 'f' and double 'e' conveys the satisfaction in a drink of this dark tasty brew.
I just love to savour the expectation of this drink, as I pour the hot water onto the ground beans, the aroma that hits my nose makes my mouth water in anticipation.
I know that every time I go into town I will find myself at a coffee shop very soon, I'll order my favourite beverage and sit and enjoy it's special taste.
I like different ways of having it in each shop, in Starbucks for instance I like a Mocha with cream on the top but it must be a strong coffee one. In Costa I want a cappuccino with a sprinkling of chocolate in the shape of what ever stencil is the current one in use. In Nero's it is Americano, I think mainly because Neil introduced me to that coffee house and he invariable has Americano.
When I am at home I add CoffeeMate to my mug before I pour out the drink from my cafeteria, that gives it a lovely creamy taste without making it too cool.

After writing all that down this morning, I thought it would make a great fun page so here is the result.

Coffee

The blue flowers were a happy accident, they should have been pale coffee colour, I brushed them with Walnut distress ink and thought they could do with having a shine so placing them on my messy play tray I spritzed them with pearl glimmer mist, but there was some very old blue on my tray which came back to life with the onslaught and seeped into the petals, and I rather liked the effect so made sure each petal had some blue picked up from the tray.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was shining as I walked down the back of my bungalow and looking back through the camera lens I got such a sense of well being. The vista seemed to convey 'home' to me in a new way, as if the arms of God were around me.



I had forgotten to put my 'As seen' page up yesterday but it just had to be the juicy blackberries



Today I am thankful to God for giving me Joy
for the feeling of well being that has remained with me for the rest of the day

3 comments:

humel said...

I love the flowers! I was telling my papercrafts today that there are no mistakes in craft, only design features ;) You've definitely made a design feature of those flowers!

AlliR said...

You are certainly on a roll with your IRL scrapping Mary :) Great LOs and I like popping in to see your 'as seen' photos.

Sian said...

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on coffee - I'm a big fan myself. Say "coffee" and I can feel myself relaxing..

Perfect subject for a page - and it's a good one :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye