Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A mish mash of things

Today I had my hair done, dyed, cut and blow dried. I love going the hairdressers, I love the company and the chatter and best of all, while I am waiting for my colour to take, I love reading Good housekeeping and Good homes because there is always some interesting colour combo or design or just some quirky thing that catches my eye. Today was no exception and for my 'As Seen' I just had to go with these two finds



Which reminds me I didn't do my 'As seen' yesterday. I actually didn't go out yesterday and therefore didn't take many photos but I did find a tutorial that I tried out, (more than one in fact) but I rather like these little paperclip embellishments and I adapted them and put my own twist on them.




Coming back to today, after the hairdressers I caught the bus into town and another one out to Hobby Craft, and had a very pleasant afternoon browsing and buying.

Stash bought on 11 Sept 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did the weekly challenge yesterday, well I tweaked it this morning before going out. This is the lovely photo that my dear Son in Law sent me of my two grandsons actually sitting down together with a 'nice' smile on their faces and allowing their Daddy to take their picture.

The Boys

I also managed to do a layout yesterday for day 10 of Learn Something new, but I really struggled with this one. I don't want any gaps in my album so had to come up with something.

10th

Not done today's yet but I have plenty of photos to make something with
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I am thankful for a lovely afternoon, for the weather still being pleasant and for being able to afford to indulge my hobby when I want to.

1 comment:

Jimjams said...

Looking forward to seeing the hair Mary - glad you got to treat yourself today :o)

I think I might *need* one of those chopping boards!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye