Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Association of ideas

On the bus this morning I was looking a the nice gloves that I had picked up at the sale last week. Goodness knows why they were donated as they are as good as new. My train of thoughts went like this :- A pair of gloves, yes there are two of them so that's OK to call them a pair but why do we call ladies tights a pair of tights, they are just one garment. Perhaps it's because they superseded stocking and yes it's acceptable to call them a pair they come in twos. That then took my mind to Elizabethan times when men as well as women wore stocking and had garters to keep them up. Again my mind drifted back to when I was a cub leader in a Wolf Pack many moons ago and the dress code for the boys was strict, grey socks with turn down top and garters with green tags. Oh yes that was a memory from the past will have to find a photograph and do a layout of that. So from gloves to an old photo amazing where your mind will take you when you let it wander.



Photo of myself and my brother in 1957 goodness me I will definitely do a page using this and maybe if I can find any others I'll use them too. I've just noticed that one of us has their beret on wrong, bet it's me, being left handed I often get things round the wrong way. lol

Yesterday's Learn Something New page I did a photo heavy page about how a walk down the back lane I will never tire of

25th

I was pleased with the leaves on this page as they were originally petal from a cloth flower which I cut into to give a toothed edge and then inked and spritzed them with glimmer mist until they looked like Autumn leaves.

My 'As Seen' picture for today has to be my cup of Costa coffee served with love


and finally today's Learn something new (off prompt again lol but I just had to record this)

26th

today I am thankful for being indoors when the rain finally came.
for being able to return and get a refund on the magazine that I had already bought before.
And for getting a good price for my ticket to Birmingham for the scrapping retreat.



4 comments:

Jimjams said...

Funny poem Mary - love your train of thought - what a journey!

Sian said...

I really like your train of thought and that photo

Kirsty.A said...

What a great photo. It ewill make a fab layout

Irene said...

It is amazing how one thought leads to another, isn't it? Definitely think that photograph is worth a page of it's own.
The Autumnal page is lovely. All the colours blend together so nicely. And your take on Mr Porter is a hoot!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye