Friday, August 17, 2012

As Seen - Stark

Today being Thursday that means the sale at the church. When I arrived this morning most of the boxes were not only out but unpacked. Ann's son and grandson had worked so hard, so there wasn't too much for me to do. After the sale we had a bring and share lunch and Tym (Ann's son) told us about his work in Mexico, building homes for the homeless in one of the poorest parts of the country.
The whole family give so much of their time and energy to this work and it makes such a difference to the families that at long last have a proper roof over their heads.
I wish I had taken a photo of the gathering but of course I was too busy listening to what Tym had to say.

My picture for Thursday is of something I am so disappointed with.
We had to have new windows in the church, the old ones for years have been so delicate that we didn't dare to even clean them properly. They were old well over 100 years old, the opening part no longer safe to even try and open, but they were what gave the building character. Now we have brand new windows, some of them have opening top section but they are stark no character at all, to me they look like windows in an institution.


This is one of the old windows

My silver lining today has to be sharing with this lovely family (some of them were my As See on Sunday)

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye