Monday, August 06, 2012

As Seen - Pretty Pink Poppy

We have had quite a bit of rain today but no matter this poppy doesn't seem to mind



I've been scrapping today, the weekly challenge on UKScrappers, criteria was to use the sketch provided, at least 4 scraps of patterned paper and something recycled

I used an old zip, stripped the material off the teeth and curled it up in a spiral this made the centre of my flowers. I even managed to do some machine stitching on my page, something I have been wanting to do for a while.

Be Yourself

and another one for my Florida holiday album. I really struggled with this but got there in the end even if it isn't one of my best

Dr Seuss


Today I am grateful for feeling more positive.

4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the color in the Dr. Seuss layout, but my favorite is the one with the really cute pix of you!
rinda

Clair said...

Mmm, I do love the pop of colour from your stitching and the grid layout is perfectly done. Thanks so much for joining in with Stitching On Paper x

Lisa said...

your stitched border is just perfect. love how it looks

humel said...

OK, that's odd - I quite thought I'd commented on this post ages ago! And yet I don't appear to have done so after all, sorry....

Lovely layouts Mary, and I especially love the zippy flowers :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye