Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A good day.

Today has been a good day, it started late and not so good, I'd had a bad night and felt yuk when I got up. I fiddled with a layout for a while but by lunch time I thought I would go into town.
I didn't want much just needed to get out really so I phoned my son when I got there and arranged to meet up for a coffee. He couldn't make it until 2ish so went seeking for the things I was missing in the scavenger hunt. I managed to get the trail, in an empty shop window I found these and they are also on the floor of the Brunel Centre (shopping arcade)


I was hoping for a bride as we have a registry office just off the main shopping centre, but no wedding party today.
Then I had an idea and needed to shop for supplies from my favourite haberdashery shop. You will have to wait for my Bride though.

Neil and I had a long chat and it was so good and encouraging for me to catch up with all that is going on in his life. He is seeking the Lord in all he does and things are going very well for him.

On the bus coming home I found my AS SEEN for today


This evening I have finished the layout I was fiddling with this morning
This is for a challenge on The Studio Blog to try something new
my new thing was to stamp all around two sides of the cs with different stamps and to colour in some of the hexagons with water soluble pencils.

You crease me up
the photos for this are of my Son's boy Rufus, his mum had put them of Facebook, I know that Gemma reads in bed and Rufus has obviously got in to their bed and picked up her book but I don't know where the glasses have come from.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, for Neil and especially for God's blessing

9 comments:

Jimjams said...

Brilliant trail Mary - much more original than most I reckon!
Super page too - The Studio is a good place to go for an interesting challenge - I love the way you've coloured in some of the images.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely layout! So much fun to look out. And a fun trail. Intrigued by your bride idea.
Rinda

pysselpetra said...

I really like that ♥ I think I will try it myself ♥ thanks for the great idea and thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges

Unknown said...

I love this technique, what a great idea! It adds so much interest to you page. Thanks for playing along with The Studio!

Susanne said...

What an interesting page - well done. It makes you want to linger and make sure you see every little detail.

MiliPea Designs said...

I love the hexagons! Is that a stamp or is that the paper itself? Either way, fabulous job!

Anna said...

Lovely layout and a great technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!

Lisa said...

great page - love all those honeycomb bits and the colours are just perfect - soft yet interesting

Kat said...

great layout. i love the colors and the technique you used. thanks for playing along with the studio :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye