Sunday, November 25, 2012

Saturday/Sunday

I didn't get around to blogging yesterday, I went to an 80th birthday party at the church, and by the time we had cleared up and put the church ready for the morning it was rather late. Well actually not all that late only about 10ish but I had eaten far too much of all the scrummy yummy food and felt bloated and not in a mood for sitting down and thinking about what I wanted to say.

John was the husband of one of my friends that died far too young about 7/8 years ago. I wanted to make a card for him, but I find making cards for men rather difficult. I came up with a simple but effective idea, making it out of kraft card and a bit of raffia



I have done a little collage of some of the photos I took yesterday.

1)Birthday boy
2)Acknowledging the crowd
3)It really wasn't that hard
4)CLUEDO Grey beard -In the Church - with a knife (victim the cake)



My As Seen for Saturday is the lovely cake made and iced by John's daughter



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today (Sunday) I have been fiddling and making some paper flowers, all from a youtube tutorial found here on Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

Here is what I have made and I've chosen to use it as my As Seen for today



Today I am grateful for the rain staying away till I got to church (I had forgotten to take an umbrella and didn't really want to be sitting around in wet clothes)
for a nice crafty time with some designing involved (I made the shapes on Robo as I didn't have the necessary punches)


No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye