Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Monday

Today I was determined to shake of the lethargy that has been bugging me for some while now. I managed to get the kitchen more or less tidy.

I made Parsnip soup for lunch. Tasting it to check the seasoning it was very sweet. So added more salt, still sweet, more salt, pepper and a bit of soy sauce now too salty, more milk finally got it palatable. In fact rather tasty, but I had stank the kitchen out with garlic and my next door neighbours could smell it even outside. I only used two small cloves too :D

Today I did the weekly challenge layout. The criteria was to use a colour scheme that I don't usually so I chose purple a colour I love but find very difficult to scrap with.
We also had to use scraps, finding purple scraps wasn't easy so I married the colour up with black and beige.
We also had to do something that was arty. so I spritzed the bkgd with glimmer mist through a netting fruit bag. then used a packaging tray with a textured bottom as a stamp
Here is the result
Oh My

I've discovered that I can do more things on Robo I now not only meld bits together I can also do an offset that gives a shadow or matting effect so I made some borders


I've also made some flowers and in the process of spritzing them with glimmer mist I made such a mess of my fingers and fingernails

my As seen for today was going to be Rudi on my lap, but the background was a little distracting so have gone with my messy fingers.



today I am grateful that I have had more energy
that I have done some of the housework
and I have learnt something new on the computer/robo

1 comment:

Jimjams said...

Ha ha love the fingers! Well done for finding another dimension to your Robo - love the inky messy b/g to your page (fun way to use bad photos too).

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye