Saturday, November 17, 2012

A surprise trip out

Today I had a nice surprise, I was in town to try and do some Christmas shopping and also to try and bring a smile to some long shopping faces. I wore my jingly hat

old photo taken about two years ago.
Well I did succeed in bringing smiles and conversations too. I was in Carole's Crafts when Neil phoned me "We are going out the Bicester to the designer village would you like to come" well of course I refused lol jumped at the idea. Boy it was very crowded and the car parks were all full but they seemed to be used to that scenario and find other parking places and free coach ride to the centre.
I only bought one present there as the prices are beyond a joke but of course they are cheap compared with the original price of designer goods, (something I will never understand).
We had a meal in a lovely Italian restaurant The Villandry I had wild mushroom risotto very nice and the service I just couldn't fault.
Rufus was his usual charming self keeping me entertained. He is growing into a super child and should really blossom when he starts Pre school.
Guess who features in most of the photos I took



Rufus is eating the grated parmesan cheese that Gemma didn't want. He so enjoyed it but boy what a mess afterwards




My As Seen today is the little avenue of trees at the entrance/exit to the designer village all lit up with white lights (in fact it was white lights everywhere so sophisticated)


Today I am grateful for surprise expedition (the best kind)
for getting Andy's present before Neil phoned
for a lovely lovely grandson who is a delight to be with
for several little things that made the day special and I could acknowledge the Lord's hand in it

1 comment:

humel said...

That sounds like a lovely unexpected outing :) So glad you were able to take advantage of the offer to go along!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye