Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10 on the 10th

It's the 10th of the month, time to think of 10 things that are special or are quirky
Shimelle started this idea some time ago.
I thought of my feet 10 toes to help me to balance. A friend of mine has just had to have another toe amputated, he is a diabetic and has had several toes affected over the years.
I thought about my digits 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, without which I couldn't touch type.
I have 10 soft toys on my bed that keep me company at night
I have 10 wooden cats that sit on my hearth
Then I thought hard and realised I have 10 wonderful cross stitch pictures that John did (there were many many more but I have given some away and others are stored in the loft I just do not have room to display them all)

The Cyclists, this is my favourite one, so delicate, done with a single thread over very fine count linen
DSCF0359

Castle sampler, the hours and hours that went into this one, John had so much patience
DSCF0344

John love to do transport themed pictures, we had them all in the hall and going up the stairs
DSCF0345DSCF0346
DSCF0348DSCF0347

This majestic eagle caught his imagination
DSCF0350

then he did a little series of sepia type industrial pictures I seem to only have two of them but I am sure he did more
DSCF0351DSCF0355

my final one is this little one again of a bicycle but not so delicate
DSCF0353

3 comments:

humel said...

Wow - he did some amazing work, Mary :) Thanks for sharing it with us x

Sian said...

Wow,what treasures these are Mary. Thank you for letting us have a look today and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today too :)

Jimjams said...

These are beautiful Mary - how lovely that you have these labours of love to look at and remind you of John.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye