Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day

I've had to search for what I have learnt today, again, and I thing the main thing is that which I have been fiddling with this evening.
I am in a digital circle journal challenge and I wanted to add photos to a page for one of the others but didn't want them to resemble people too much. I did try to get a cartoon of myself from off the web but it wasn't very satisfactory. Then I remembered that there were several buttons on Serif page plus that I hadn't really experimented with. One of them took the photo of me and made it look more like a pencil drawing or water painting. That was fine but it wouldn't work on the other photo and I still don't know why that one was blocked. The only solution was to crop the photos and copy that re-saving it under a different title. such a lot of faffing but I eventually got there. I have used some of the examples of what the buttons produce in my page for today.
14 Discovering something new
I think my real lesson for today is that I can spend such a lot of time trying to get something to work that is not playing ball with me. There is great satisfaction when I bring it under control too.

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye