Monday, October 18, 2010

Scrapping instead of housework

Tut tut, Mary, I was supposed to do housework today, instead I have been scrapping, nothing new then.
I did manage to do a little bit of the housework, stripped the bed and put the cleaner over, renewed a light bulb, little jobs like that. Trouble is that Monday morning we get the weekly challenge on UKScrapper and I love to get my teeth into it right away, especially if I have lots of new photos to scrap with, and as my Son and his family have just come back from Center Parcs I have quite a few.
Today's challenge criteria are
random misting or splattering of paint on background
use numbers 
use symbol 
use ribbon 
Once I had done some splattering I thought they looked a bit like falling leaves and from there the rest of the idea for the layout developed
Falling Leaves
I have also done the Can I Canoe layout again this time as a paper one, I did print the digital version but, somehow, once printed it didn't look so good hence the need to do with paper and things
Can I Canoe IRL
I used glossy accents to make the splashes and string for the rope. I didn't have the anchor charm so used three little fish charms instead
Can I Canoe IRL (splashes details)Can I Canoe IRL (string details)

I have also finished another one of the Pencil Line sketches for their birthday challenges this time Sketch 145
Splashing along the towpath

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I am grateful for being able to scrap when I want
having food already prepared
not having to go out for anything


4 comments:

humel said...

I just *love* how you turned the digi layout into a paper one! And hey, scrapping is much better for your emotional wellbeing than housework.... xx

Sarah C said...

Gorgeous LOs Mary. Glad you're playing along with the Pencillines birthday bash too. I've avoided housework today by crafting too. Now I've got a busy morning ahead of me as I have company tomorrow lunchtime and I have craft goodies everywhere!! Oops xx

Karen said...

Great LO's as always Mary, although I especially love the IRL LO, its gorgeous :)

Scrapbook Junkie said...

You've been a busy girl! Great LO - very cute photos. Thanks for joining in.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye