Tuesday, October 05, 2010

52 in 10 and two minibooks

Good morning to each and everyone, or it may be afternoon/evening before you read my blog.
I have done something I don't think I have ever completed before a minibook, not one but two so pleased with myself. Usually I enjoy the construction but hate the decorating and filling of these little books and when I've finished them I just don't know what to do with them. I think this may well go back to remembering all the construction of boats and planes that John used to do, he would so love the actual making of them but then how to display and not get covered in dust, almost impossible to keep clean and took up so much room.
Still I digress here are the two I made both of Rufus's birthday

this first one is all made with just one sheet of double sided pattered paper and one sheet of card stock. Designed by one of my teamies on UKScrappers Jemma aka Jimjams you can find the instructions here
Front cover
pages 1 & 2
Pages 3 & 4 and insert
Insert
Pages 5 & 6
Pages 7 & 8 and insert
Back cover

this one was done at a crop/class by Sandie V

Birthday party mini book

My 52in10 pages are a bit erratic at the moment and I have missed quite a few, but at least I have the instructions all printed out and can come back and fill in the gaps as and when I feel so inclined.
I have done the latest page as it fitted so well with my passion for Starbucks Mocha and Cinnamon Swirl. So yesterday I went shopping at ASDA and the 1st Port of Call was of course Starbucks here is my layout for this, which also doubled up as the weekly challenge on UKS
1st Port of Call
weekly challenge criteria was to scrap in a grid, add circles and use '1' or first somewhere.

4 comments:

Jimjams said...

Well done you! Two beautiful mini-books and a fab LO. I'm impressed that you are still (sort of) keeping up with 52in10 - an epic project.

Anonymous said...

Love the mini book and totallyt love the 5210 - i am so glad you are still loving the project xx

Sarah said...

Love your mini-books and your LO is gorgeous x

humel said...

Wow, I love the minibooks - great layout, too xx

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye