Monday, February 01, 2010

My Love and the Little Egret

February already and lots of new challenges to do.

The house challenge on UKScrappers this month is, as you can guess, Love. It doesn't have to be just romantic love, though that is my choice.
Yesterday I did a layout using the colour combination for this week on Color Combo Galore but hadn't posted it on UKS, this was the perfect layout for the challenge if I added some journalling, and after all journalling is what makes an ordinary page, a memory, isn't it?
Love Endures

this is a scraplift of one from March's Scrapbook Trends by Delaina Burns and I made all the elements and patterned papers myself on Serif Page Plus. You will probably see them in a freebie before too long

No matter how bad a night I have and how yuk I feel when I first get up somehow something always seems to happen to lift the day
Walking along the back lane this afternoon I saw what appeared to be a very small white heron fly over my head and land in the little stream that runs along the side of the lane. Luckily he seemed quite happy with me there and I managed to photograph him for quite some minutes.
He/she was not much bigger than a crow, so I wanted to find out more. The RSPB on the web site was not much help so I phoned them and spoke to a very helpful lady who told me it was almost certainly a Little Egret and she was interested in the fact that they seemed now to be moving up country. Apparently they have been seen in Devon and Cornwall for some years.
DSCF5772
DSCF5771

So today I am thankful for always carrying my camera
for this bird that didn't mind his photo taken
and the Memory of a good loving husband

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love your scraplift Mary! It's so fun to see when people find inspiration in our books.

Thank you!

Amy Noorda
Scrapbook Trends

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye