Saturday, February 06, 2010

The wonders of nature

I knew that I would be doing a layout of the Little Egret I saw the other day, and here it is.
Little Egret

The fact that I was able to get so many photographs of him was indeed a small miracle and really did delight my heart.

Here is something else that thrilled me this beautiful sky was crying out to be photographed and scrapped so, not to disappoint it here is my latest page.
The sky like polished bronze
I have written a poem to go with it, the first 4 lines of which are on the layout

The sky like polished bronze
Fiery red and liquid gold
Silhouetting the leafless trees
Giving lie to the bitter cold
Filling my eyes with its beauty
My soul with wondrous praise
Drenching my heart with its glory
Giving awe to chilled winter days

Today I am so thankful:-
that my creative mojo is back, because last night I was so tired I just couldn't do anything worthwhile 
that God has given me eyes to see and a heart to appreciate the wonder of nature
and that I can grab the moment and freeze it in my camera for all times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Mary!!!

Scrapdolly said...

Mary thank you for the freebie and I have loved seeing your blog as ever and I l that my thankfulness daily prompted you to do it too.

Karen said...

Two beautiful LO's Mary - I love the textured overlay that allows the background photo of the beautiful sky to show through, its really effective :)

Also love the LO of the little Egret's and great photos :)

Unknown said...

I love that you put the photo itself as a washed out background for the layout. Gorgeous, all!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye