Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Scrapaholics

Monday evening was Scrapaholics time. I had been challenged to do three layouts, tall order for me as I tend to talk more than scrap. Nothing went smoothly at all, the first layout, quite a simple one, I cut the paper the wrong way round to start with and that just through me out as I then couldn't get it right. I thought I had it all sussed as I had planned it out on a rough piece of paper first all I had to do was lightly glue that to the back of the patterned paper and I would be well away, but I forgot to reverse everything didn't I.

Never mind I did managed to get that layout done during the evening and started on the second one, but it didn't look right so in the end I only managed 1½ pages at the club, I finished the second one when I got home. So at midnight I thought I had better head for bed........ no way could I settle until I had at least laid out the 3rd page. Sandie had done me a really lovely sketch for it and I had it all buzzing around in my head. It was 1.30 am before I hit the hay.

Of all three pages I think I prefer the last one Finding you, the sketch for this was done by my friend Sandie but others seem to prefer the 2nd Elegance this sketch is Pencil Line 46. Cherish is my own sketch which Sandie ended up doing as well. We both did the same three sketches but check out her blog, they are all three so very different, that's the beauty of sketches.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

All 3 turned out perfectly Mary!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye