Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Do you every catch a glimpse of a stranger in the street and they remind you strongly of someone you know.

There are days when I am walking or cycling along I see something in the person ahead of me that makes me think of a friend, something in their walk or the way they carry there head, just little things, I take that as a signal to pray for my friend, I don't necessarily thing anything is urgent but just they perhaps they would like a blessing from the Lord today.

On a similar vain, in this photo of me, the camera caught a fleeting moment and when I saw it I realised I looked like one of my friends from the Ladies club. Although the photo was taken at a wedding of a friend 3 years ago I have only just received it. It is one my son in law took it and has only just given it to me.

So yesterday evening having been inspired by another person's layout I did this one. The words on this layout are small and you can't read them so here they are:-

I was shocked when I got this one of myself
And saw that I looked like someone else.
In this photo I look like Rose,
But I know its me because of the clothes.


When did I change to become like you?
The face, the hair, the laughter too.
But the camera caught me in this pose,
And that is why I look like Rose.

3 comments:

Carole Bryson said...

Awwww what thought provoking journalling.

I also 'see' people in the street, and frequently give them a ring just to check that they're ok.

As they say, the Lord works in mysterious ways Mary.

anonymous-i-am said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Love the LO and the thoughts it provoked in me! I know this is a little different, but I have only recently uploaded my photo as an avatar and I can now see my dear Grandmother as a younger woman....ME!!!

Loving your blog Mary x

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye