Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas busyness

Well here I am again all behind. Thought I do a quick catchup on what I've done these last few days

THURSDAY
Sale at the church had to be inside as it was a wet wet day. I thought at one stage we were going to be very sparse as far as people were concerned but in the end we had a good crowd in.

Although I was tired after the sale I knew that if I didn't get the presents wrapped that would be on my mind so my As See for Thursday is my artistic efforts.



FRIDAY
Time to get the meat for Christmas so a walk down the back lane to ASDA and of course it yielded a photo opportunity (even though I was not going to get my camera out), this little chap/chappess was singing out to be snapped. So once again I have my Christmas Robin



The evening saw me at the Bollingbrooke for The Ladies Club Christmas meal What a super menu and venue they did us proud. My starter was Smoked Salmon topped with Tiger Prawns, horseradish cream, salad garnish and lime vinaigrette, delicious. Main course Traditional hand carved roast turkey and all the trimmings, cooked to perfection. Dessert Fresh Strawberry & Raspberry Pavlova with Clotted cream Ice Cream, a sweet to die for.
Such a lovely evening the service was perfect, even though they were very full, we were served on time with no waiting around for ages, the whole table, 11 of our had our meal placed within a few minutes of each other. We couldn't have asked for better.

Saturday
I woke to rain, Oh dear seems we have one day fine the next rain. Still I felt prompted to take all my umbrellas to the church for the carol singing, we were going to have it outside despite the weather I felt sure and there would be those who travelled by car who may not have had one.

First though to a breakfast all together, Shirley and her gang did us proud, cereal followed by a full English (and plenty of it) followed by toast.

To start the plan was to sing carols just inside the porch but it we couldn't be heard from there so up with the umbrellas and outside it is. Thank you Lord for prompting me



Neil phoned and said they were coming over to ASDA to do the shopping (so much for doing it early and either very early in the morning or late at night).
ASDA was heaving but it was surprisingly easy to get around and do all the shopping. I think Neil was buying for an army, don't know who or how many he is expecting over the next week. He dropped me off later and picked up the meat and the rest of the things I had prepared.

I felt a bit deflated afterwards. Still should feel better once I have tidied up the lounge and set out some nibbles. A job for this afternoon (Sunday).

I do have another page for my Christmas album to share. Wednesday's Panto

Pantomime time

I am thankful for a Son who cares
For the Lord who prompted me.
For a meal that was delicious
and for the expectation of a Good Christmas

1 comment:

HP said...

Merry Christmas Mum, hope it was as good as you expected.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye