Monday, January 09, 2012

As Seen - Dinner


I love improvising with meals, sometimes they work wonderfully other are not so good, this was one of the better ones.
I gently fried a pork fillet and once browned turned the heat right down and added apple, covered and cooked for about 15 mins. Meanwhile I fried onion and leek in a little olive oil until soft, added rice and cooked till opaque. added soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and a dash of red wine, letting the rice take up the liquid before adding water. cooked this for 10 mins drained the rice but retained any liquid still in pan adding a dash of malt vinegar and a dash more red wine and cooked down. Finally dished up with some raisins added. Think another time I cook the raisins with the rice as they could do with plumping up a bit.

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye