Monday, January 23, 2012

As Seen - cuddly softness

I put this crotchet throw on the back of the settee and Rudi has claimed it as his bed looks here like he is cuddling it.

I've had a stay at home day today, just a little bit of house work and a little bit of scrapping.
I am exploring what I can produce with the word Hope, my word for the year.

Through the darkest night
I started here with distress inks and misting through a mask. I then added streaks with acrylic paints that had gone hard (I've had them too long)
the word Hope stamped with distress ink and heat embossed with a hologram powder, this didn't work too well some of it came off leaving a pattern but not really what I was after so I used a gold embossing powder over the top, I love how each letter is finished so differently.
The cloud is pastels blended and sealed a couple of times
I knew I wanted something else on it I thought a heart a cross and an anchor, but the shell heart and cross seemed sufficient

I also managed to find the new series 'Call the Midwife' on Iplayer and have caught up with the two episodes which I forgot to watch on the box yesterday and the previous Sunday. 2 hours of my day gone, but it was worth it. Brilliant programme and well acted, even Miranda. The part must have been written with her in mind, for she was just the same as she usually is, but perfectly in accordance with the seriousness of the story.

Today I was grateful for not having to go anywhere for enjoying my messy play and for finding the programmes I had missed previously

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye