Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Hi Folks,

Well it started of cold and dull this morning but now there is a late afternoon sun which is very pleasant.
Could have done with it this morning as we were doing the stall outside the church, as every Thursday. We collect for a friend who has adopted 24 street orphans in Keyna. What we take each week helps to feed clothe and educate them. All the folk around the area have got to hear of it and bring us fresh things each week. Its a good outreach too, to those around who need a listening ear or just a place where they can have a cuppa and a chat.


This afternoon I decided I would do the weekly challenge from UKScrappers. We had to use a Elvis song title, the colour red for Simply Red, Fancy cutting for Edward Scissorhands and / and or @ for the internet and Prince's new name. Here is my interpretation which I had great fun with, this is what I did
Elvis Song Title - Love Me Tender
Red for Simply Red - Brads and my Daughter's jacket and Son in law's rucksac
Fancy Edge Scissors - although this is a digi LO the edges were cut by scissors on black paper then scanned in and used as a mask for the pps
@ & / used in the fancy scroll over the photo, joined and flipped to achieve the effect I wanted. I didn't have a photo that would accommodate red so I altered the colour of my daughter's Jacket and Son in law's rucksac from blue to red.Font used both for title and the scroll is Beyond Wonderland I love doing this sort of thing it become the challenge for me to alter and use things in a different way than they were originally intended

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye