Saturday, June 16, 2007

Stay Indoors Saturday

Hi Everyone, It has been raining again a good excuse to stay indoors and do some craftwork.
I have finished another page of my Wedding photos, really pleased with this one, probably because I first did it digitally so I knew exactly where everything was to go. The title came to me last night when I went to bed, it seemed just the right words for the first page in the album. While looking for different textures that were in this colour I found the plush paper which I mounted the photo on, it is so nice and feely touchy. Then when looking for ribbon (which in the end I didn't use) I found this little bit of lace from which I cut the flower motiff. I didn't have any silk flowers in the right colour so I made them on the computer and printed them out on glossy photo paper, curling the petals and adding seed pearls to the centre made for a perfect compliment to the lace and little flowers.
I have just now made myself some chipboard swirls, coating them in embossing power with three coats to give them a little stiffness and a better gloss. Don't know what I will use them on yet but sure to find something soon.
Now that the day is nearly over the sun is trying to shine, think it is a little bit too late but might be worth a little walk to clear away the cobwebs and stretch my legs for a bit.

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye