Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crazy Cat Lady

I collect cats........
Now there's an opening line, mind you I have only got two real live cats, but there isn't a room in my bungalow that doesn't have a cat of some kind in it. Oh I forgot the loft is probably bereft of cats will have to rectify that now won't I?
All my cats have names, if I can remember them, lol, and only yesterday my dear daughter in law gave me another one for my collection, a cat teapot and cup set; she had seen it I think in a car boot sale and knew how much I would appreciate it.
Now to think of an appropriate name.... mmmmm ...... perhaps TEAFAL yes perfect.

The criteria for this week's challenge on UKScrappers was to scrap something British well what could be more British than a nice cup of Yorkshire tea, so without further to do I took a photo of my lovely gift and produced this layout

Afternoon Tea

I have decided to do this layout as a hybrid to fit into my little treasures album. So I printed off the patterned paper along with the journalling and the 'franking stamps', onto thin card and the photos onto photo paper, the fluted circles I managed to cut from some cardstock (I have a little fluted punch) and together with some cat embellishments I produced this

Afternoon Tea Hybrid version

I am thankful that the weather is really spring like now.
that I have had a good afternoon with my grandson
that I can now relax and scrap the evening away.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

A cat collector eh? I always suspected you were a bit mad... "Mary the Mad Cat Lady"? Hmm.. it does have a certain ring to it!
That is a fun layout, Mary. I love the wavy writing and the various circles, all in wavy lines, with little cat-themed buttons in between.

Karen said...

What a lovely gift Mary and a great LO :)

A fab take on this weeks challenge :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye