Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hi All

Do you like my new heading? having seen Sandie's here just knew I had to change mine.


Well the rain kept off for most of today so the stall we run at the church did fairly well today.
We run this to help feed and clothe and educate street children in Keyna. A friend there has adopted 20 street orphans all victims of AIDS, we feel that this is a good cause and we know that all the money goes to doing exactly what it is meant for.

I have been doing a digital layout this afternoon, the challenge was to use a film title, use green, old stash and stars and bling (shiny things). As I do not like to be beaten when it comes to these challenges I try to do it all digitally, even the old stash bit I used an element I had made up 18 months ago and only used the once.
I recoloured the photo and brightened it to make it golden the stars and bling are in the title and on the water, the old stash is the bullrushes.
I really enjoy digi scrapping and a challenge is not a challenge unless you have to rethink along different lines. The background paper was created on PaintShopPro using the distortion effect curlicues.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I love that photo Mary, you are a digi scrapping queen!!

Veronica said...

This is beautiful - I love it xx

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye