Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Change in the weather & Journal your Christmas preparations

Goodness I was only saying yesterday how different this November is to last the weather has been so mild, but today it has turned decidedly chilly so I suppose we could end up with frost or even snow the same as last year.

I'm going to do Journal Your Christmas again this year, this is one of Shimelle's classes and I think it is probably my favourite one. If you have never done one before why not pop along to Shimelle's blog and book yourself in.
This will be my third year and I'm ringing the changes I'm daring myself to do a paper journal and not a digital one. I managed to get some 6"x6" black envelopes, fixed them together concertina fashion using the flap of each to join the next.
the untidy side (where the envelope folds up) I've stuck a piece of pretty classy embossed paper in a range of 4 colours
I played around with distressed inks again and also glimmer mist for my cover. unfortunately the photos doesn't do it justice as everything has a lovely sheen to it. The title was cut on my Robo machine using Fancy Pants font, the black paper has a sparkle to it as well. The star is rough cut from a piece of corrugated card and the outer cover torn off then I painted it with pearlised paint.
I've also printed off some date stickers
I've collected together lots a Christmasy papers ribbons and other embellishments so hopefully I am now ready for the fun to start.

2 comments:

AlliR said...

Way to go Mary doing JYC in paper, cover looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the pages as you do them.

Sian said...

It's looking good Mary! I can't wait to see how it progresses through December

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye