Monday, October 24, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Layer challenge

At the weekend I started sorting the many photos I have already printed, too many really because I tend to print and then decided that the size is all wrong. Well I came across some heritage photos (originals), taken in the early 1900s so I just had to do a page using some of my counterfeit kit.
The latest Counterfeit Kit Challenge is layering so rummaging through my kit I found some papers that would go together with the photo and produced this.
Child's fashion 1918
this photo is of my Mother-in-Law (with cat) and her older sister with a friend in the middle

10 comments:

humel said...

Beautiful, Mary :) I love all the details!

Lisa said...

So very pretty. You have the perfect papers to set off the photo and the cluster in the corner is so pretty. I especially like the border of bling on the photo.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Mary,
I love this! Great picture and great papers, but the embellishments really make it - especially the swirly buttons, the lace and the butterfly.
Bravo!
Rinda

Susanne said...

This is just lovely - those flowers are so, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Lovely - perfect paper choices and T love the lacy flowers!

Clair said...

That's some great layering Mary. And the papers really complement the photograph!

MiliPea Designs said...

Very nicely done! You did a great job layering!

Tara O said...

I love that photo...and this is a great LO too...captures that vintage feel. Love your layering too

Jimjams said...

A lovely vintage page Mary - loads to enjoy.

Emily said...

The vintage look is goregous and I really like the layering.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye