Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Scrapping retreat

I've had a lovely weekend away with a group of ladies who scrap
we've laughed and chatted and scrapped to our hearts content.
We've all made at least one minibook, but still have to find photos for mine before I know what sort of decorations to add. Really enjoyed doing these.
I also managed to do 4 layouts, 3 of which are for my ever fattening Florida Holiday album

This one was done using my Sketch from Friday
Finding an empty seat at one of the parks was good fortune as I found the heat very tiring. but after a short rest could then carry on
Bide awhile

This one I've made as a early page though the two big photos were taken just as we were leaving to come home, I completely forgot to do so before

Welcome
and with a little bit of tidying up and adding of the small photo this afternoon it also fits this weeks challenge on UKScrappers
Building/place/object
3+ photos
Creative title

This one really makes me smile but has been waiting to be scrapped for quite a while I just couldn't get and idea of how to use it.

No No Daddy

The day the new pope was announced my son was in Rome, he had posted on facebook a photo of them waiting for the white smoke. One of his friends back here in the UK had said " I heard he's been chosen........ Pope Bainbridge the first."
I just couldn't resist adding a photo of Neil ready for a fancy dress party back in 1990 and of course a page just had to follow

Pope for the Day 
this page was inspired by one of Tracee's that was in Scrap 365 this time.

today I am grateful for a super weekend
and for cats to come home to



4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are great. I'm partial to the first one, although the last one made me giggle! I actually had some scrapping time with friends this weekend, too. Made ten very simple pages and organized my photos.
Rinda

Sian said...

Pope for the Day - that's a standout page. I love it!

Jimjams said...

A great weekend's scrapping Mary - love that photo of you resting on the red bench - great colour matching on the page.

Lynne said...

it was a good weekend !! missing you all:(

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye