Friday, March 08, 2013

Friday Sketch time

Good Morning Blog friends I'm here again with another sketch.
Have you ever had a photo that you would love the scrap because the subject is so special but the background is very annoyingly messy. That's what happens to me so often. I tackle the problem in many ways. One of those ways is to crop the photo till the worst of the mess is removed that can leave a strange shape so this sketch is to accommodate such a cropping.



I haven't yet done the page as I have an all day crop coming up tomorrow and also a scrapping retreat next weekend so saving my ideas till then. But this is the photo I have in mind. One my Daughter in Law took quickly and posted on Facebook



Another way of getting rid of the messy background is to fade or blur out the unwanted area which is what I did here
Easily Amused

In this next one I blurred out the background with a radial blur a rather pleasing effect I thought

Granddad

or how about 'cutting' the subject out and placing it on a completely different background

Fairytale Wedding

that last one was done for a challenge and a real tongue in cheek background. It is a digital layout and not one that I have printed as I don't necessarily want to keep it. Incidentally the flower stands were also 'cut' from a photo and was the flower arrangement in my church for John's funeral, done by one of our ladies especially for me with the same colours and as near as possible the same flowers as I had in my wedding bouquet.

Well I hope I have given you some ideas and I will be back at the weekend to show you what I did with the sketch.

2 comments:

humel said...

Very clever ideas, Mary :) Lovely work! x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Fantastic sketch! I love the layered strips, the tag and placement of the buttons.
Very useful.
Rinda

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye