Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My To do list



Parcels are wrapped but there’s labels to make
more coconut crispies and pasties to bake
there’s mess and there’s muddle must tidy the rooms
I want to be ready for Christmas looms

I’ll load up my trolley once the presents are done
To go under the tree at the house of my son
With  a glass of mulled wine I’ll sit and reflect
I’ll be ready for Christmas and that’s a fact

I am managing to keep up to date at the moment. Here is my page for today, did it this morning before I did the baking but after I did the present labels
22nd Things still to do

Pasties are now made but not cooked, will cook them Christmas eve before I go to my son's. Decisions decisions, should I freeze the pasties now or just leave them in the fridge. I really can't decide.

Still not got any tidying done, procrastination is my downfall, the more I think about doing it the less likely I am to actually do it.

Yesterday while I was in town I bought myself a 'present from John' a gift that he would have bought me if he was still alive. My eternity ring had lost two of its stones so I thought another ring to replace it would be the ideal gift. I managed to get one very similar to the original Garnet and Zirconia .  
Not exactly a surprise present but one I wanted to add to the JYC album and as I needed an extra page so that the 20 and 21st could face each other this page fits the bill perfectly.
17th A gift from John.
 

4 comments:

Jimjams said...

Great little poem there Mary. I take my hat off to you regarding the baking - good for you. My Mum has delivered spiced nuts, mince pies and tropical flapjack ready for our festivities.
I love your ring - such a wonderful idea.

Anonymous said...

Love your poem!

Neat idea for your gift!!

Karen said...

Gorgeous pages for your JYC album Mary and I love the poem :)

The ring is truely beautiful xxx

humel said...

Mary, that's so lovely - that's exactly what John would have wanted to give you :-)

Good luck with your list! I'm taking a short break from mine; it's the tidying that scuppers me, too....

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye