Thursday, December 16, 2010

20 Questions

20 Christmas Questions  
 
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper.(but I always have too much

2. Real tree or Artificial? 
Artificial, it's a little fibre optic tree that was the last decoration that John bought. I didn't think it was necessary but he wanted one. It is a link to happier times for me.

3. When do you put up the tree? 
This year it went up the second week in December

4. When do you take the tree down? 
New Years day usually or the day after

5. Favourite gift received as a child? 
I remember getting a string puppet one year, and a dolly in a pram. Also a colouring book that I rejected, but my childhood is so very long ago.
  
6. Hardest person to buy for? 
It used to be my son as he hated surprises, but now it is my daughter in law as she never know what she would like unless it is something for the home or for my grandson

7. Easiest person to buy for? 
My three grandsons, they are at an easy age to buy for
 
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? 
 Mail. but not many as I don't think it makes sense to send cards to those I see regularly

9. Favourite Christmas Movie? 
It's a wonderful life

10. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I find little things throughout the year, but the mad rush starts mid December
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes but not giving it to anyone I know, just taking it to the sale we have at the church every Thursday
 
12. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? 
A good old English Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings and my own Christmas pudding with Rum sauce so moist and rich and yummy
 
13. Lights on the tree (coloured or clear)? 
 they are fibre optic light and change colour

14. Favourite Christmas song? 
Silent night and In the Bleak Mid Winter


15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Going to my Son's and I can walk there after Church
 
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? 
Usually a star but this year I bought a lace poinsettia (white) and have placed that at the top

17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 
It was always after dinner after the grandparents had their doze so about 3.00 but now it is when Neil and Gemma decide I think last year it was after dinner
 
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
feeling that I won't get everything done I want to get done

19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
As I stir the Christmas Pudding mixture I always pray that there will be peace on earth over the Holiday, one day this will happen I know it will
 
20. Traditional colours (red and green) or other colours? 
Traditional colours but I also add silver, gold, midnight blue and white to the list

1 comment:

humel said...

I've seen these doing the rounds on blogs, they're so interesting :-) I think I'm covering most of my own answers through my JYC, but I'm keeping this in reserve for any gaps.

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye