Thursday, December 01, 2011

Journal your Christmas - Advent

Today being the 1st of December it is time to start Journalling my Christmas

Today being a Thursday I am up at the church for the Jeremiah Sale

Today being the first week of Advent, Gillian has brought her hand made items up to the church, set up her stands and ready for customer.


This week is the beginning of Advent a time when we wait in anticipation, not just a time to spend spend spend but a time to reflect on the greatest gift ever given, Our Saviour Jesus Christ, coming into the world as a baby, God experiencing all that mankind experiences and later to give His life for our salvation.

I'm also doing a 12 days of Christmas photography course with Cheryl Johnson. Today we are experimenting with white balance. I nearly always use the pre-set settings, never the automatic one, but today I have been playing with the custom white balance. I've never really understood how to use this before but it was fun finding out.
here are two examples

this next one I have altered the white balance by taking the white paper out to the orange street light and making the camera choose it as white then taking the photo. It changes the appearance so much but also makes the photo very grainy

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye