Saturday, November 13, 2010

A post from Skipton

I am posting from northern climes, up in Skipton North Yorkshire, with my daughter and her family.
My youngest grandson is 8 months now and really getting around, much to my eldest grandson's annoyance sometimes as his toys are quite an attraction for his brother.
Today there was an open day at one of the schools that Daniel may be attending as from next year. They really went to town and put on a very interesting display, best of all being the rescued wild animals. Daniel really would have liked to handle the owl, but they were not allowing that, but other creatures were being handled. I satisfied an ambition and had a tarantula on my hands, as light as a feather and very beautiful with rose pink hairs a Chilean Rose
DSCF8594
Helen plucked up the courage to hold her too but unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it.
Andy was thrilled to have a 12' python curled around him weighing 8.5 stone.
DSCF8600
Although the animals were a great attraction, there was plenty more things to see and take part in. Danny had his face painted and a photo taken and placed in a frame that he had decorated.




I have a layout to share too, digital one using some photos of Ben (Grandson no.3) that are not particularly good but I wanted to record.
Behind Bars


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I am thankful for the opportunity to be with my family
and for being able to tick something off my list of 'things I want to do before I die'

No comments:

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye