Monday, January 07, 2013

Monday muddles

Monday and another room sorted, I tackled the bathroom cabinet and also the under wash hand basin area. I have a sort of cage around the pedestal and to hide that I've hung a towel over it. A good idea but it also hides the fact that a lot of what was on the shelves was never going to be used and was harbouring dust. So a good sort out was needed. Goodness knows were half the stuff I had in the cabinet dates back too but one of the items a tub of Alum had an address in Harringay, we move from there in 1969, how come it didn't get thrown out in one of the many moves since then?



Is that 9d I see as the price and is 1970 on the bottom the expiry date, or was that before expiry dates were added?

I now have a very full dustbin and it won't be emptied till Thursday. So at least I will have a little respite before I need to tackle my craft rooms. I'm really not looking forward to doing them at all as I have so much stuff and no where to put them as I'm sorting.

I still have to cull some of the ornaments in the lounge, get rid of a show case and maybe a corner unit.

Perhaps the next thing to tackle is my wardrobes, can I be ruthless, I haven't managed to be so far as most of the clothes I have in them I look at and just want to keep. If I do that I can't buy any new and I really do like to buy new.
Think I'll take a before picture and then maybe I will be able to discard some items

Today I am thankful for a clean and tidy bathroom

1 comment:

Jimjams said...

Well done Mary - how many bags make a dustbin full?
You inspired me to choose my bathroom cabinet for today's bag - too dark for photos though!

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye