Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October catch up

quite a good month for me with several nice things happening.
Saturday 5th October
A visit to Steam (the railway museum) for a Lego exhibition with Neil & Rufus some really fantastic models. The enthusiasts spend hours and hours building them, nothing is permanent as nothing is glued together.
DSC03426
DSC03431
DSC03434

Rufus was in one of his fancy dress outfits, and although I thought he was being Dracula apparently he was a superhero Batman because he had a bat on his cape, makes perfect sense doesn't it
Dare to be different

Friday 11th - Sunday 13th I was in Birmingham for the Green Button Scrapping retreat. It is great to meet up with friends that I chat to on line but only meet once a year.


I wasn't too well, I'd caught Rufus's cold but still managed to have a good productive weekend, completing 7 pages
Ali Baba Thief of Hearts
Tumble Tot
Love makes Life worth Living
So Grandioso
Butterfly Banquet
Deja Vu
I was determined to get this page done of the second scan picture of Grandson No.4 before he made his appearance.
Hello Little One

Saturday 19th Elijah (aka Eli) made his entrance into our world
Eli Precious little one

I now have so many lovely photo to use and really am itching to get on with them. I also have more photos of my other grandsons Daniel & Ben to make into pages where oh where do I start?

Today I am grateful for the safe delivery of Eli
for being able to see him, Rufus and my Son & Daughter in Law often (living in the same town makes that possible)
for a free day today (Wednesday) to take things at a slower pace.



3 comments:

Sian said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild Mary!

Looks like you had a great time at the retreat

Susanne said...

It looks like you've had some exciting times lately. Wonderful that you've managed to scrap quite a bit too. Eli is a doll! (But I suspect you knew that.)

Jimjams said...

It was lovely to see you at the retreat Mary - you were a great neighbour and very productive.
Love the Lego exhibition, congrats on the arrival of Eli and thank you once again for today's "happy" mail. xxx

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye