Saturday, June 01, 2013

Summer scavenger hunt

Today is the start of the Summer scavenger hunt hosted by Rinda

1. Open air market
2. Theatre for performing arts (not a movie theatre)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4. Airplane
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8. A tower
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill
17. Candle(s)
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial

I've made a start, several things I found in town.

items 2 3 7 & 8

items 10 12 & 18

my one word for today Shine





12 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Brilliant start! And I definitely see that Westie.
Rinda

Jane said...

what a great start, the cloud made me smile!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary I've come over from Rinda's blog to see the Westie in the clouds and Wow! that is fabulous, it really does look like a westie, great shot!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh gosh, I can't believe you've already checked off the cloud shape! That is awesome. :o)

Honoré said...

Love your cloud! What a find. Congrats on your head start .
Cheers

debs14 said...

Loving that cloud!

Julia said...

Love your Westie cloud!! Great start to the hunt :)

Kirsty.A said...

Great start. Looking forward to this summer

Jimjams said...

What a start - you'r eback to blogging with a bang!

Irene said...

Came from Rinda's blog to see that Westee. I have not posted any photos yet but I hope you stop by my blog soon. I hope to post pictures this weekend. Congrats on a great start to the scavenger hunt.

Unknown said...

Had to pop over and see the Westie! At first I was looking for it facing the other way ... then i saw it!

BJ said...

Great start there, love the dog cloud. I saw a similar one the other day but by the time I fetched my camera it was gone. BJ

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye