Sunday, December 16, 2012

Saturday in town

Saturday
I didn't have much I needed from town, but as I hadn't been in for quite a while I knew I had to go and soak up the atmosphere.
The Brunel centre (where I am not allowed to take photos so do so sneakily) was where I found this lovely lady making balloon animals and shapes for the children, she had quite a skill with the balloons but her rapport with the children was absolutely splendid.
She made a reindeer for one little boy, a Santa for a little lass, a candy cane and lots more besides all the time talking to the children, asking them about there excitement of Christmas and whether they had written their letter to him.



I could have stood there far longer and enjoyed it all, but I wasn't going to get anything else done if I did.

I wasn't going to spend much but..............
oops I seemed to get through the money rather quickly. I did need new ink cartridges. I also bought a couple of magazines, some ribbon and buttons, no surprise there of course. Oh and some luscious Thorntons Chocolate. Good job I also bought another fold up bag from Paperchase.

Later I met up with Neil, Gemma and Rufus as they sorted out a few more presents.

Sunday
Church this morning, it seemed such an effort to get ready to go but I am glad I did.
This afternoon, after dinner I sat a watched tv and scrapped another page for my Christmas album.

Rufus & Rudolph

Today I am grateful for the push to get to church
for a nice lunch
for scrapping again.

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

That layout is so cute!
Rinda

humel said...

What fun - I've missed getting into town this year to see the decorations and lights, but I haven't missed the crowds!!

Lovely layout :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye