Monday, January 25, 2010

Challenges challenges

I love scrapping challenges and today I have completed two but I just don't seem to be able to get out of the Digi vein and do a page with paper and glue and touchy feeling thing. Still I am pleased with what I have done.

this first one is for the 52 in 10 Challenge that Dolly has set. I am loving this challenge for although it is another book of me it is for my special year. This week the prompt was Music, to scrap the music we enjoy. Oh dear I'm not a music lover. what a perfect title then for my layout

I'm not a music lover
This second one was for the Weekly challenge on UKScrappers. the criteria being to use a photo/photos of something that isn't a person. to use a sketch of our own choosing, I used a pencilline one. to add bling (sparkly) and ribbon and finally to do some journalling.

Beauty in a Raindrop

I am rather chuffed with this one as I created all the pattered papers and the butterflies and ribbon from the photo itself using the blurred out background

The first verse of the poem I did as I was walking along the back lane to Asda, thanks largely to the little dictaphone I treated myself to this month.

So to sum up the things that I am thankful for today
the beauty I see around me
my computer and ability to create on it
and my little dictaphone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on both the challenges!!!

Lizzie said...

Lovely layouts, Mary, and lovely poems too!
I'm impressed with your digi paper/ribbons etc. and I like your personal take on Karen's 52in10 challenge this week.

Karen said...

Gorgeous LO's Mary and some great poetry :)

A place for me to put the pictures of layouts I have done that I am pleased with, to put in the poems I write and to add snippets of things that have caught my eye